Over the past several years, Jill and Mal have not only written (and rewritten) blurbs for our extensive backlist, we've also written blurbs for hundreds of other authors.
Using the same copywriting techniques that give us killer ad performance, our blurbs are tuned to give readers the feels and intrigue them, compelling them to keep reading and check out the ‘Look Inside’.
Here’s what we’ll do for you.
- Review your existing description and read a snippet of your book.
- Talk with you via chat, phone, or video about your book, why you wrote it, where it fits in a series (if applicable) and what the major themes and events are.
- Create a tagline that will hook readers.
- Craft a blurb that describes the book in a compelling way, leaving out backstory, and focusing on an inciting event, while also conveying the full setting of the story.
- Also provide 3 Facebook ad descriptions that can be used to pull readers to your book’s retail page where the sale is made.
- Teach you tips and tricks to improve your own blurb skills!
With experience writing blurbs in nearly every genre, the Writing Wives can create a blurb that you’ll love, but more importantly, so will your readers.
I’ve always despised writing blurbs. I think a large part of that was always because I never really knew what I was doing. Don’t get me wrong, I tried. I really tried. I studied blurbs; I tried several different methods. But they continued to make me completely miserable. Then I started talking to Malorie about them and things started to change.
Mal really wowed me with her blurbs. She has a way of making them read like a movie trailer. I’m pretty sure she could make a can of tuna fish sound exciting. Mal helped me see what I was doing wrong and guided me down a different path. When I got stuck, she was there to give me examples. Some blurbs she wrote for me, and others she coached me through. I’m still working on my blurb skills, but Mal gave me a solid foundation to build on and I’m so very thankful for that.
- J. L. Stowers